Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tales 3,4 and 6

I really love the idea of a schedule being a living document and not a set of rules. I believe that it would be wonderful if instead of having a schedule in place for the students on the first day of school, the students and the teacher made the schedule together the first day. I really believe that this would be a great way for the students to take ownership in the classroom and realize that their thoughts are powerful and meaningful in the classroom. I do realize that some parts of the day are not flexible, but what parts are should be open to change.
I really liked the portfolio framework and I believe that it could be really useful in the classroom and is something that the students can help to create. There is one student in my classroom now who will not do any of his class work. He is very smart and makes good grades on his test he just has not motivation to do his class work. I believe that if he was able to choose his best work and he was reminded that he is going to have a portfolio of his work, then he might be a little bit more motivated to get it done. I also believe that the other students in the classroom would love to be able to choose their best work to go into a portfolio. I like that the students would have to explain why it was their best work and if they had to do it again what would they do differently. The same thing could go for something they did poorly on the students could say why they think they did poorly and what they could do better on next time. I believe that it is necessary for teachers to talk to students about their work in order to realized any misconceptions that could still be present regarding a topic, work, or a test. I do believe that the portfolio framework is something I would enjoy doing or at least trying in my classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment