Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reading Responce- Kayleigh Lemaster

After reading chapters three through five the main thing that stood out to me was the concept of backwards design. I believe that this process would be beneficial for students because it does not just focus on the standards. Instead the process of backwards design focuses on what the teacher wants the students to know and be able to do in the end. I think that this is so important to remember when planning lessons because so many teachers today center their teaching around standardized test, and students often do not really learn the information. Instead they just memorize the material for the test.

A quote that stuck out to me in the reading was, “the goal of teaching is for students to understand what is most important and to able to do.” I think this quote stands out to me because I believe that a lesson is successful when the students are able apply what they have learned. Although many teachers do not use backwards design in their planning process, I believe that this is something that I would like to use in my own classroom one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment