Monday, September 14, 2009

DI Chapters 8-10

These chapters have taught me that differentiated instruction can be equated with fair and appropriate instruction. Each of my students is different and their instruction should match their abilities, interests, and pace. It is not that my students will receive a different education but that they may receive their education in a different way. I was glad to read that dynamic teachers try to create new interests in their students; this entire time that I have been in the cohort, I have always thought that I needed to put my own interests aside and only focus on what my students cared about whether I liked it or not. It was so refreshing to read that this does not have to be the case. I also LOVED the idea about sharing quads (page 57), because this is extremely relevant to my students in my placement. Everyone wants to share something, but there isn’t enough time to have each child share to the entire class.

Kayleigh Harkins

No comments:

Post a Comment