Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chapter 14: Grading

Chapter 14 DI
After reading Chapter 14 I am a not sure how I feel about the new way of grading students. I agree that students should be challenged to their fullest ability, but like Carrie, I do not know if I agree with grading students with high learning abilities on a harder grading scale. I think there could be a better way to challenge those students. I think that some students may stop trying because they do not want to be grader harder just because they are gifted academically. I do like the idea of creating student portfolios for each student. Having the student asses their progress throughout the year is a good way to allow the students to see their growth during the school year. I also think that keeping the students in involved in their grading is a good idea. I think it would benefit students to know on a regular basis how they are doing in class. Many times students only get to talk about their grades when it is time for progress reports or report cards, and I believe if they are involved throughout the whole process they may more pride in their grades. I also believe that involving the students in their progress throughout the year will also help develop responsibility and organization.
Kayleigh Lemaster

No comments:

Post a Comment