Monday, September 14, 2009

Differentiated Instruction Chapters 8-10

While reading through these chapters I came to a part in chapter ten that talked about the classroom setup and how it affects the student. It talked about how some students like the classroom dark while others like it light, some like it colorful whole others find it distracting, How do you make do all of this in one room to make all the students comfortable? As I continued reading it talked about splitting the classroom into sections where all areas are different in the way they are set up. I haven’t thought about this before. As excited asI am about one day setting up my room I have always thought more about what I will want it to look like, what I will want to put on the walls and what kind of lighting I will want. It has not even crossed my mind that some students can’t learn as well as others based on the way a classroom is set up. Dividing the classroom up into “sections” is a good idea when planning the layout of your room. While there is no way to accommodate all the students in your classroom when it comes to decorations and lighting, it will allow more of the students to feel as comfortable as possible while learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment