Monday, September 21, 2009
After reading this chapter about grading I began to think about the crazy, wacked up grading system that we use at Midway. I feel that using the point system is pointless. When students miss one part they get pushed down .5, giving them a 2.5. These students are not understanding what kind of grades they are getting. I know that if I got a paper back and I missed one and got a 2.5 I would not know what it meant. Growing up I always liked getting letter grades, but I know now that letter grades do not show progress. I understand that you can document progress by collecting work samples, portfolios. What I do not understand fully yet is how you actually grade progress, and how you show it to the parents without parent/teacher conferences?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment