Monday, September 14, 2009
Reading Response
When thinking about these chapters and differentiated instruction it seems so ideal. Focus on the students, know their needs, know their interests, and know what they're ready for. I feel that this can be an extremely easy thing to do, and I think that this is something my placement teacher does well. Three days a week my students are placed in groups to rotate depending on what they're struggling with and need extra help with. However, it's difficult for me to think that this is always a possibility and always effective. It's easier in the placement I am in because there are three teachers in the classroom. I really wonder what differentiation looks like in a class with only one teacher. I know that there are more opportunities for differentiation in my placement, and am interested in exploring those possibilities in the future. I want to focus on the needs and interests of my students and learn through exploration and implementation in the classroom. While I do see students doing different things in the classroom in order for learning, I don't see students being allowed to make their own choices in learning. Through choice, students can express how they learn best and be affected in a very positive way. All of these things need to be focused on more in the classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment