This chapter is about differentiating products. I will use this in my classroom in many ways but the first way that came to my mind was using this for assessment. In the book it said that projects could be used for final assessments in place of a traditional test, or they could be used along with a test. I really like this idea because students do not all perform well on tests. I believe that to address the need of every learner it is critical to have varying forms of assessment.
Students need structure to the assignments or projects that they are given. In the book I learned that students need guidelines and requirements but they also need the freedom to explore their ideas and be creative. I would much rather have a classroom full of students who use their imaginations then students who are required to create replicas of examples I give them. I am saying that I need to give choice to my students and embrace their creativity and help them establish ways that their ideas could work for the specific assignments.
A major part of giving projects is differentiating the assignments. The guidelines for all students should be similar, but the projects should not all be the same. I feel that in the classroom students will greatly benefit from seeing how other students think based on what they have created. Students will have the opportunity to see others point of view.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment