Saturday, September 19, 2009

DI/Tales Response

The Tales of Thinking reading really spoke to me because of the stories about multiple intelligences. I myself am a very visual person. You show me a picture of a scene, I can mostly recreate it. If you show me a picture to explain the water cycle, I am more likely to retain the information. What is important to know about multiple intelligences is that a child isn't just a visual learner or a kinesthetic learner. They are a mixture, or a "tapestry" as the book describes, of the intelligences that work best for them. Knowing this, I want to try and reach all the types of intelligences that are represented in my classroom. While I may be a visual learner, I can't expect every student in my classroom to learn the same way. Throughout my unit, I want to incorporate as many activities to hit all these areas within my classroom. By catering to my students needs rather than my own, I'm in turn creating a better learning environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment