Tuesday, September 8, 2009

DI Ch.1-7

These chapters talked about differentiated instruction. I have seen diferentiated instruction used in some of my placements last year. I think it is important for teachers to teach children in different ways. We are taught for two years that every child is different and that they do not learn the same. So it would only make sense for us as teachers to teach each child differently in order for them to learn better. In my previous placements, during small group reading, the teacher taught each group differently. They were on completely different work according to what they needed help with. I hope that in my senior placement that i will see a lot of differentiated instruction. I hope to be apart of it so that I can learn more about it. It also would just seem normal to teach children on different learning levels so that they will get a deeper understanding of what they are actually learning. If a teacher teaches everyone the same thing then it is almost certain that someone is not going to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment