Differentiated Instruction
As I was reading these chapters I really got to thinking about what exactly differentiated instruction really was. I think that these chapters did a good job breaking down differentiated instruction. One of the most important things that I have learned over the past year is that each student is unique in their own way. Students have different types of learning styles and as teacher it is important to provide a learning environment that meets each students needs. All though at times it may seem difficult to meet every students needs, I believe that having different types of learning styles in the classroom makes things interesting for the class. It creates a learning environment that can broaden the other student’s interest. Think about how boring a classroom would be with just one type of learning style.
As I was reading I found myself wondering why all teachers do not use DI. I do not understand why there are still some teachers that insist on the lecture style of teaching. I do not understand why all teachers would want to create a classroom environment where the students were active and involved in the learning process. The main goal for a teacher should be for his or her students to learn to their fullest ability and using DI is a great way to meet that goal. I am really looking forward to using DI in my placement.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment