Sunday, September 13, 2009

In these chapters it really went in to student guided differentiation. I believe that all students learn differently, and that today students are not getting the differentiation they need in school. In my placement we do use differentiation everyday in most all subjects, but each kid still does the same work or worksheet just either with teacher help or individual. We do not let the students pick how they want to learn all students have to sit in their sit and do their work. I believe that some of our students would learn better if they were able to stand up while doing the lesson because they can’t sit still.
In our classroom student interest is really not brought in at all, and I believe that students like to learn about things they are interested in; I know I would learn better if you relate what I am studying to horses.
In my classroom/lessons I will try to incorporate what the students are interested in to make learning more fun and enjoyable. I will also have choices for assignments where students can pick the way they want to show me that they learned what I wanted them too. I believe that schools need to use more student guided differentiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment