The role that the teacher plays in the classroom is so important. I completely agree with the section in chapter three that mentions that the teacher sets the environment. I could not agree with statement anymore. If a teacher has a negative attitude then the students are going to have a negative attitude. Creating an environment that feels welcoming and comfortable is a great way to improve learning. I believe that students learn best when they are content in their learning environment. Not only is providing a welcoming environment, but also providing a flexible environment is important.
I also think that it is essential for teachers to step back and play different roles in the classroom. At time if the teacher acts as a helper, facilitator, and even as an audience is beneficial for the success of the students. Getting to know your students and what ways you can help them the most is very important, and I think that every teacher should take the time to do this.
Kayleigh Lemaster
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment