Monday, September 28, 2009

Chapter 3 discussed the many roles of a teacher. Teachers must be the provider of knowledge as well as a learner along with their students. This chapter talked about how if we (the teacher) do not “wonder” or ask ourselves questions then our students will not ask questions. This made me consider the fact that young students do not understand or know how to ask meaningful, quality questions and must be taught this skill. Chapter 3 stated that one of our roles as a teacher is being a helper. As a helper we must assess or reflect our teaching. In my first grade placement I find myself reflecting a lot. I constantly think about how could I have gotten through to a student better or could that situation have been handled better? Another point that stuck out to me in this chapter was that as teachers we need to consider our intelligences and be sure that all intelligences are included in our classroom. Even though this statement is true, I have never considered the fact that I will be more likely to include the multiple intelligences that I best through. My students will all be different; therefore, as a teacher I need to meet their needs through incorporating all multiple intelligences. I can also meet their needs by assessing how I teach and help the students in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment