Monday, August 31, 2009

Reading Responce

While reading through chapters 3-5, like many others, I noticed Backwards Design. I thought this was an interesting concept that I haven’t thought about before. When thinking about planning a lesson I usually jump straight to the standards and try to go from there to come up with something creative to teach. While reading through this chapter I realized that starting from the point where you want the lesson to end up or the desired results would be a better way to go about planning a lesson.
It also stuck out to me when it said that most teachers just pick lessons that they have previously used because they are easy, but the students do not gain anything from this. This is something that I have noticed throughout my previous placements. Most teachers just use the same lessons every year which doesn’t make sense. What worked for one class may not work for another. That’s why backwards design seems like the best way to go. You start by looking at the class you have and come up with the results you want for that particular class.

No comments:

Post a Comment